FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

COLD SHOULDER FOR NOT SO COLD FALL DAYS

Fall is here. The calendar says so, but the temperatures don't seem to agree. For those of us in the Midwest, we are still battling temps of 80s to 90s on a regular basis, with quite a steady helping of humidity thrown in. So how do you transition your wardrobe and dress appropriate according to the season? That can be tricky . Its so warm that boots are out of the question. So to don Footwear appropriate for Fall is a bit too early.



One simple way is to pick out the colors which spell out the season more. With fall, we associate the classic burgundy, wines and deep plums. This year Pantone has thrown Spicy Mustard, and Earth Tones to the Mix. Black is a no brainer. I decided to stick to Black to move away from my bright pinks and lemon yellows of Summer, for the first weekend of Fall


Cold Shoulders and Off the Shoulders have been big trends throughout Spring Summer. And they are here to stay for Fall. The colors and textures may be different,but this trend will be here for some time more. 


As its so warm where I stay and had to put together a weekend outfit for a spin at a local festival, I reached out for my distressed Denim Shorts. 




Mixing up prints is fun, but Mixing up metals is even more fun. I added silver hoop earrings and a long silver necklace with an owl pendant, to break the monotony of the black cold shoulder top. Rather than opting for a silver bag,which would  have made everything matchy matchy, I paired my rose gold Michael Kors bag. Its a statement piece and never lets me down. 

For shoes, I wanted to bring in the jewel tones of Fall. So bright blue suede pumps completed the ensemble. Did I mention that Suede was another ig trend for fall. Rather than a full on suede outfit,which would become costumey for me, I opted for accessories in suede. 




OUTFIT DETAILS : 
Black Cold Shoulder Long Sleeve Top - H&M(old). Similar Here
Light Blue distressed Denim Shorts (old). Similar Here
Blue Suede Ballet Flats
Michael Kors Rose Gold Bag(old). Similar  Here
Silver Owl Pendant(Old) Similar Here

No comments