FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

FALL COLORS ON MY NAILS






Who doesnt love Fall colors ? Shades of flaming orange, citrine yellows, bright reds or even pale pinks. Nature's play with colors is just so magical. Like every other typical American family, i wait for this time of the year, to get my family pictures done. That palette is hard to let go of. This year was no different. I had been planning our outfits and looking forward to our date with the colorful leaves. Blame Global Warming or just bad timing, for some reason or the other, we have hardly had fall colors, in the city I call home, Some trees are still green, and some almost look like, they have been burnt or something. Even the popular places, which see a beeline of families queueing up to see their Fall colors, have had a weird tryst with Mother Nature. So no Fall colors and no pictures with Fall colors.

I was not happy to say the least.

It was time to do my nails. I usually do my nails on a Friday, which gives me crisp and brightly painted nails , through the weekend. As I was going through my stash, I realised there was this brand new nail polish, which I had completely forgotten about. Guess what it reminded me of. The missing Fall colors. I know I know, many of you might argue, that its a Spring Summer color I have on my nails, or I am in denial of what fall nails should be like. But somehow this color only reminded me of Fall colors, when I kept asking myself the question, whether or not to go with it, at this time of the year.

Its a muted orange. Its not neon. Its not coral. Its Butter London Jaffa . Bright colors are an instant pick me up . The quality of the polish was great and the application was easy. I am a sucker for great packaging, and this polish is quite impressive in that regard. It has a square cap, which comes off to reveal a smaller cap. Somehow the packaging gives off a very chic vibe,

I used a base coat , and then two coats of the polish. The formula made it very easy to work with. I added a top coat, as I do with all the nail polishes I use. It was fast drying, which is quite a savior for moms like me, who often don't have a long time to do their nails. I used it on my fingers, but I feel this color would be great for the toes too. The color pay off was quite good and it did not streak, when I was applying it.

Its priced at $19. I know for a nail polish, its on the pricey side, but the quality justifies the price.

Butter London, didnt disappoint, and I had a date with Fall Colors, even if they were on my nails. 

No comments