FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

YELLOW & RUFFLES : KCFW FW'17 FRIDAY RUNWAY OOTD














Its been raining all day today. I really am missing my dose of Vitamin D. So it seemed to be the perfect day to pen down my pending Outfit Posts from Kansas City Fashion Week. I have been covering KCFW as Official Media for the past few years, and I really honor and treasure the association.

As I had mentioned in my previous OOTD posts from KCFW, that this season, I had decided to focus on Spring Trends . We have had Stripes, Blush & Distressed Denim, Emerald Enigma(Greenery), and now it was time for Yellow & Ruffles, for the first night of Runway shows at the Grand Hall at the Power and Light.

Yellow is one of the Pantone Color of the Year, for 2017. While I have previously written about Sunshine Yellow for Summer last year, this time I walk down the Mustard Yellow lane. Yellow can be a tricky color to wear, and often many are wary of wearing it. Yellow is not just one shade, but its such a large range to choose from. From primrose to lemon, from mustard to taxi cab yellow, go and take your pick. One thing you cannot deny is that, how it lifts your spirits, when you sight that color. Its almost an instant pick me up for me, and the perfect antidote for great days like today. Yellow is a Trend which is huge in Spring, and will be strong in Summer, and with the right shade of mustard, you can sail into Fall. My dress is a fit and flare lace dress, which will take you from Friday Night cocktails to Sunday morning Brunch. I love versatile this dress is, depending upon how you style it.

Ruffles are big this year. And they are literally everywhere. From dresses, to tops, to pants, and even your shoes. They can be big and large (literally) and can be subtle . The variety is just mind boggling. I loved the Yellow Dress, not only for the fabric(lace), and color, but also for its ruffle details. Before you jump the gun, and tell me that ruffles are best won by my toddler daughter and her friends, let me tell you that this trend can be worn quite flatteringly by the Mommies and her friends too. Ruffles popped up on the Spring Summer '17 Runways. And soon the high street retailers took the cue,and soon Ruffles were everywhere. What an amazing fashion forward journey, the Ruffles have gone through. My dress had these very feminine line of ruffles along the neckline, which won my heart, when I had first seen this dress.

For my accessories, I decided to go the Turquoise route gain. Yes , they are my favorites and I love having them on repeat. They offset the ruffles and the mustard yellow tone, so beautifully

Lancome was kind enough to send me some of their new Makeup to try out. Thank you Influenster and Lancome. If you want to read about which products of Lancome, I had used, and their Reviews. then click Here.  As for my eye make up, I used Urban Decay's Naked 1 , and opted for a light gold eye. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and loads of Maybelline Falsies to complete it.

Black Pumps and my Zara Zebra Clutch with metal details completed my ensemble.

If you want to read a Recap of Friday night of KCFW, then click Here.

For more details of KCFW, click on the Label Fashion Week, in the top Menu of my Home Page on the Blog .

SHOP MY LOOK : 

No comments