FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

MY WEEKEND MORNING SKIN CARE ROUTINE : DRY SKIN


A regular Skin care regimen is a necessity. Well, that's the kind of idea I grew up with. I think I was around five , when I learnt, that you use upward strokes, when you apply your face moisturizer. Or that you always dab your face after you have washed it and never rub it. My Grandmother and My Mom both have fabulous skin. Needless to say, they also swear by a strict skin care regimen. Over the years, I also came to adopt a few versions of Skin Care regimen.

Let me share with you today, My Weekend Morning Skin Care Routine. I have dry skin, which is also very sensitive. So I have to be extremely careful of what products I use. Sunday Mornings, when I usually have some extra time on my hands, I gather up up my favorite skin care products, slip into my plush robe and pamper myself. My skin surely thanks me later. Its often debated that Skin Care should always be done with premium products. But often, you can find some great products at the drug store too. Though I must add, the number is few. In this Skin Care Routine, I shall try and mix up both High End and Drug Store products, so that its affordable for everyone.

EXFOLIATION :
Its important to remove the dead skin which piles up. Or else our pores get clogged and that can lead to break outs. And nothing is worse than break outs on dry skin, I tell you. I try and use a mild exfoliator. I am currently using St Ives Apricot Oil Scrub. It combines the goodness of a facial oil and a scrub. So it doesnt dry out my already dry skin, when I use it. If you want to see a Review and Application of St Ives Apricot Oil Scrub, then click HERE.


FACE PACK/ MASK :
After you have washed and cleaned your scrub, pat it dry . Then is the time to pick out a Face Mask. The world of Face Packs/mask can be daunting too. Which do you use ? I try and switch it up every week. If one week, I use a Deep Cleansing Face Mask, then I follow it up with a Hydrating one next week. This week, I decided to use my Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Mask.  While I religiously use my Retinol at night, a smoothing mask, on the weekends, also helps along the way. This mask doesnt dry out my skin, and leaves it hydrated.





I use a warm facial cloth to remove my mask, and then pat it dry.


FACIAL OIL :

It took me some time to jump on the facial oil band wagon. I was scared, that it might lead to break outs or clogged pores. As I have sensitive skin, I am always extra careful. After reading considerable reviews,and trying out samples, I fell in love with Tarte Maracuja Oil. There's a reason why its a cult favorite. A little goes a long way, in this product. Dont feel tempted to dispense a large amount of this product, as it would go to waste. I dispense some product in my hand and massage it into my skin. Then I let the product sink in for around 10 mins, before I top it off with anything else.




MOISTURIZER :
Finally , its time to seal it all in, with a good moisturizer. I found a great drug store moisturizer some time back. Its Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel with Hylronic Acid. This product is so luxurious and does a great job. A little goes a long way in using this product too. So a tub lasts you a long time.




So whats your Weekend Skin Care Regimen ? Let us know in the comments.

SHOP MY SKIN CARE STASH :

No comments