FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

SMASHBOX VS WET N WILD : LIQUID MATTE LIPSTICK


When compliment flow in all round for a lip color, you know you have picked yourself a winner. Whats even more interesting, is when I tell you, that its a dupe for a popular high end color and you have paid a fraction of the price, for your find. Welcome to the clash of Smashbox VS Wet'n'Wild.

I have always been a fan of Matte Lips. So  you can imagine that I a very much on oard with teh current trend of Matte Liquid Lipsticks. The Sephora Collection, Creme Lip Stain in Always Red, is my ultimate favorite in this genre. If I had to pick out a second favorite, it would be Smashbox Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat.I have been wary of the 90s Brown Lip trend ,which seemed to taken the world by storm for some time now. Its just me. I didnt want to look like my 16 year old self again. So when I came across  Smashbox Driver's Seat, it seemed like I could jump on the bandwagon, but not look dated. I received a smaple size of Driver's Seat in my October Sephora Play Box. If you want to read a detailed review , then click HERE.

The color is a rust, or a cross between an orange and brown. It flatters my warm complexion, and has a great color payoff. I fell in love. But when I had reached my local Sephora for a full size version of it, they were out of it. I held on to the rest of the sample, lest I run out,

The hunt began for an alternative.

Wet 'n 'Wild - "Coral Corruption" 

The drug store often has wonders hiding in its cosmetics aisles, only if you have the eye for them. The Wet'n'Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick in Coral Corruption is one such wonder. If you dont own it already, pick it up on your next Target Run.

Its not an exact Dupe but the closest one, I could find. Don't believe me, Check out the swatches below.
Left to Right : Smashox " Driver's Seat" and Wet'nWild " Coral Corruption" 

The SmashBox shade is more orange, while the Wet N Wild shade is more red. But overall they are great dupes for each other. Both have a doe foot applicator, which makes application so easy. Speaking in terms of formula, both glide on very easily. I use a lipliner to line my lips, so that the color doesnt bleed later. Both are very pigmented and super matte. Smashbox is priced at $24 for 0.13 oz and Wet'n'Wild is priced at $4.99. Being Matte Liquid Lipsticks, both are a bit drying. But as you get what you pay, the Smahbox one is better in that regard. The Wet N Wild one, can cling in patches, after you have had a meal, and is more drying. You might have to use some lip balm, after you have used the Wet N Wild one. They both go on glossy, and dry matte, like any other liquid matte lipstick. Both can be re-applied with similar ease. 

Smashbox - " Driver's Seat" 



With Summer almost here, both are great shades, to add to your stash. go ahead and take your pick. For me, I am stocking up on both.

SHOP THE LIP COLORS :

1 comment