FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

PANTONE "MEADOWLARK " - YELLOW FOR KCFW













Pantone calls its Meadowlark and I call it my Crayola Bright . When I was planning my outfit for the Thursday runway show of Kansas City Fashion Week, I knew I wanted a statement piece. A pleated skirt in a color recommendation from Pantone seemed like the perfect idea.

Pantone comes up with their color suggestions for the year. While UltraViolet is the color of the year in general, Pantone does also have color picks for every season. "MeadowLark," a shade of Yellow is one of the recommendations for Spring 2018. Pantone color picks can often be confusing with their names, and Meadowlark is described as Confident and Outgoing Yellow.

Yellow can be a tricky color to pull off. But I have a thing for yellow outfits. The last two Spring-Summers I have featured Yellow outfit, so how could I let go of the tradition this year. I had loved my Yellow Maxi and my Mustard ruffle dress, and this year it was the turn of the skirt.

My middle region is always my problem area, so when I plan an outfit, I like camouflaging that part. A pleated midi skirt is a perfect choice, as the high waist creates the perfect illusion. I paired my skirt with a graphic tee in Grey, rather than White. A graphic Tee is a great way to underplay an outfit piece like a skirt. I like the edginess it provides an outfit. You could also pair this skirt with a cute lace top if you wanted to.  Nude shoes, wooden watch and a mix metal necklace and earring combo. I wanted the look to be light and fresh and Spring perfect. Did I tell you that it was raining the day I wore this outfit?

Fashion does not have to come with a hefty price tag. While its very easy to shop when you have an unlimited budget, the idea of affordable fashion is always worth the challenge for me. My readers have often asked me for budget versions of outfits I have put together, so for this particular occasion, I wanted to create an outfit which as all about affordable fashion.  Fashion can still be classy if you know how to shop, while on a budget. Don't compromise on your personal style while you are hunting for a deal. The best bits can often be found at the most unexpected places, only if you realize how to shop smart. For instance, my skirt came off the Sale rack of Forever 21 and was majorly reduced in price. My graphic Tee is from Target. My jewelry is from Paparazzi jewelry which is known fo their 45 offerings. So I created an Outfit which was ready for Front Row of Fashin Week, and it was under $ 100. How's that for a bargain!

Stay tuned for a round-up of Thursday Night of Runway Shows of KCFW, next on the Blog!

SHOP MY LOOK: 

No comments